Monday, December 3, 2007

Makenzie's first Recital!





This post is a little late, but o'well. Makenzie first said she wanted to learn the violin after she heard Kyndra and Landon's concert last spring. I figured she would forget through the summer, but of course she didn't. Soo, on Oct. 4 th she started her first music lesson. She had only had about 5 lessons when she had her first recital. I was so nervous for her! I really didn't want to go. I didn't want her to make a mistake and get a bad taste in her mouth for performing. I thought we would get there and she would freak out as she has been known to do. But as daughters love to do she proved me wrong agian! She did great! She and Avery were the newbies but they both did great. They each had one solo and then played one with the group. I was barely holding it together by the time they where done. Makenzie asked if her teacher Hilary could play with her as she was still a little unsure of the song. I have the video of her playing and will upload it as soon as Stacy shows me how!!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

I am so proud of those girls! They did great! Nope, I didn't hold it together when they played! Here is to a great year of lessons and recitals!

Stacy B said...

You had a great recital, Makenzie! We were all so proud of you.

Heather, you know how you uploaded the pictures? Next to the picture icon on the toolbar there is an icon for a video. Select the movie from your camera with the mov extension. Make sense? :o)